July 19th, 2009 by omar , 1 CommentPrint This Post
For those of you who want to try a little something different at breakfast time, check out a simple recipe for Cornmeal Porridge below…
- 1 cup fine yelllow cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoonnutmeg
- sugar to taste or fat free condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fat free condensed milk or sugar totaste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
image via sisterjameela on Flickr.
- Mix cornmeal in 1 cup water.
- Bring remainder of water and milk to boil and stir in cornmeal and salt.
- Cook for about 10-12 mins.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Sweeten with condense milk to taste
- Serve hot.