November 26th, 2008 by omar , No CommentsPrint This Post
Thanksgiving’s here, so I figured it was time I post another recipe. This time I bring you a Guyanese staple, Curry chicken. It’s actually not that hard to make really, but like anything, practice makes perfect. Check out the specs below…
3 lb chicken cut up into small pieces
4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
1 whole garlic
1 small hot pepper
2 medium onions
2 tbsp oil (I use olive oil…)
2 tbsp ground curry powder
½ tbsp garam massala (Be easy on this, too much can really spoil the taste of the stew…)
1 piece cinnamon stick
1. Grind garlic, one onion, and pepper
2. Heat oil in stew pan.
3. Add mixture of ground garlic, pepper and onion, garam massala.
4. Allow to fry on slow heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Rub chicken pieces with curry powder, covering fully.
6. Add chicken and potatoes and salt to taste.
7. Add cinnamon stick.
8. Cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Add one cup of water and sprinkle one chipped onion. Bring to boil for about 20 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked.